Take Action Now!
Let your child’s school know that you don’t want these dangerous hand sanitizers in your school. Let them know that there are alternatives.
You can download these letter templates and fill in the blanks with your information to personalize them.
You can download the letter by clicking here: Letter to School Superintendent
10 Things You Can Do To Help Ban Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizers
- Talk with your children, family, friends and caregivers about the dangers of alcohol-based hand sanitizers. Share and explain that there are better and safer options!
- Read the labels. Locate and throw out alcohol-based hand sanitizers from your home, place of work, your car, child’s backpack, and your purse.
- Visit your local pharmacy, grocery store and other retailers to purchase
alcohol-free hand sanitizers, urge them to carry these safer products if they currently don’t and alert them to the dangers of alcohol-based hand sanitizers!
- Be observant and ask! Be on the lookout for alcohol-based hand sanitizers wherever you go. Question why an alcohol-based hand sanitizer is being offered when studies show it is highly toxic and flammable and there are alcohol-free hand sanitizer options readily available!
- Contact M.A.S.S. at www.momsadvocatingss.com, and join thousands of concerned consumers by signing the online petition. At the site you will learn about simple ways you can join the effort to help inform others about the dangers of alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Share your story with us! Visit www.momsadvocatingss.com and tell us about your issues and concerns with alcohol-based hand sanitizers. Tell us you made the change!
- Download the M.A.S.S. letter templates, sign and send it to your school principal, child’s teacher, PTA, school nurse and school district superintendent to inform and educate them about the dangers of alcohol-based hand sanitizers and why they should be removed from our schools.
- Use the M.A.S.S. templates to alert local, state and federal officials via email to the dangers of alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- If you absolutely must use alcohol-based hand sanitizer, it should only be administered by an adult, and kept it out of children’s reach.
- Take pride in your actions; you will no longer be misinformed, misled and put your loved ones in danger. Continue to purchase and advocate for alcohol-free hand sanitizers and keep on spreading the truth!