Girl Burned When Spark Ignites Hand Sanitizer
May 18, 2015 MASS 0
Ireland Lane suffered second- and third-degree burns to 18 percent of her body in the fire. Doctors at Legacy Emanuel Burn Center were treating her for the burns.
“She was wiping the bedside table clean from an art project, using hand sanitizer. Her shirt had olive oil on it,” lead investigator Dan Jones explained. “It was like a candle wick that was easily ignited by the static that was in the bedding and clothing in her room.”
SHOCKING VIDEO AWARD WINNER!
Interview With Bert Martinez
Follow Us on Facebook
- DeKalb County opens warming centers, gives winter weather safety tips
- 1 Dead, 1 Injured In Weekend Dacula Mobile Home Fire
- After scare of fatal fires in cold, Baton Rouge area residents installing fire alarms as they prepare for cold
- Kingston water and fire departments say they’re prepared for cold-weather water main breaks